A New London woman has been arrested on a secret indictment from the Huron County Grand Jury following an investigation into the death of Michael Marko, who was the police chief in New London at the time of his death.
A 70 year old resident of Huron County has become the first COVID-19 related death, according to Huron County Public Health. Bill Knapp, who also suffered from underlying health conditions, died on Sunday, March 29 due to complications of novel coronavirus.
On Feb. 1, Huron County EMA switched to WENS (Wireless Emergency Notification System). Anyone who was signed up under Everbridge, the previous provider, is also signed up under WENS. The notifications can be personalized to area, alert etc. Go to huroncountyalerts.com to see what is availabl…
New London Firelands Electric Cooperative trained first responders what to do in a situation that involves a downed power line. Full story in the Feb. 6 New London Record.
- Shelby committee updated on COVID response, other topics
- Shelby keeps conference hopes alive with 4-3 victory at Clear Fork
- First day of MOAC track competition completed, SHS boys currently first
- Lady Whippets post 10-1 sectional softball triumph against Vermilion
- St. Paul claims conference baseball crown with 2-0 win against Plymouth
- WHS baseball nearly sinks Sailors
- Shelby FFA provides update on event
- Project added to Jackson road list
- Flood pushes water through Shelby
- CIC purchases downtown Shelby building
- SHS baseball team goes 3-0 during a busy 21 hours
- Shelby, Jackson preparing for next winter
- Opening date announced for Shelby's Seltzer Pool
- Lady Whippet softball team knocks off Upper Sandusky 11-4
- Momentum builds for Shelby bee, butterfly field
- Prom marks milestone at Shelby High School
- Shelby's R.S. Hanline increases starting wage to $15 per hour
- Shelby baseball muscles past River Valley 13-4